Registration for Sock Summit 2011 opened on Wednesday, the 4th of May at 12:00 pm PDT.
Just a reminder, if you would like to order swag or souvenirs, the deadline is June 10th. We still have many wonderful classes and lectures open. For the most recent list, please see our FAQ page before clicking Register now above.
Please read through the simple instructions below:
1. Prepare for registration. Review all of the classes and schedule to plan your day. We suggest making a list arranged by days, time and type of class (6-hour, 3-hour, One Hour Wonders and Lectures). Have your second (and third) choices ready, in case your first choice is sold out. This will help you on the class selection screen. When you’re in registration, you’ll also see all the cool swag we have for sale. The pictures are a little small, so we’re getting some nice big pictures for you to look at here on socksummit.com.
2. After May 4th, 12:00 PDT, click on the Register Now link (it will be on this page). You’ll be taken to the registration website which is powered by Cvent. Please use Firefox or Internet Explorer as your web browser. In our tests, other browsers were either slow or could cause problems.
3. Enter your name and email address, then click on Next. On the following page, fill in your contact information. Click Next.
4. Now you’ve made it to the class selection page. Because there are so many classes this year, it’s a long, long, LONG page that requires scrolling. (Don’t be afraid. We know you can do it.) This page lists all classes, ticketed events and souvenirs (more on these in a minute). Classes are grouped by day, in the following order:
They are arranged and coloured as they appear on the class schedule on this website. At the bottom of the page, you’ll see links so you can jump around the list to the classes for a particular day. Please be extra careful when selecting a One Hour Wonder and verify it’s on the day and at the time you would like. If you select classes that overlap, the system will give you an error message and you’ll have to correct your selections.
5. To select a class, click the checkbox to the right of the class description, next to its price. If a class is full, you will see “Capacity Full.” Due to many people registering at once, there’s a chance that a class could reach capacity while you are finishing up your selections. Your class selections are not final until you complete payment and see your registration summary.
6. Near the bottom of the page, you’ll be able to purchase tickets to Special Events and Souvenirs. For tickets to the Opening Ceremonies or the Sock Hop, enter the quantity of tickets you’d like to purchase.
7. For Souvenirs, enter the quantity that you’d like to purchase. All Souvenir items will be waiting for you to pick up inside the Marketplace at the Sock Summit in July. We regret that we cannot ship these items to you. They must be picked up at the Summit.
8. When you have completed your class selection and purchases, click on the next button.
9. You’re almost done! On the final screen you’ll see your Registration Summary of all the things you’ve ordered and the total. Select your payment method.
10. For credit card payments, select Credit Card and fill out your credit card information. Click Finish. Congratulations, you’re registered.
11. For PayPal payments, select Pay Online and you’ll be taken to PayPal. Select your payment source and click Continue to finalize your payment back on the Registration site. You will see a summary of your order. Click Finish.
12. When your registration is complete, you’ll see a confirmation summary page, and have the opportunity to mail it to yourself. You should mail it to yourself, since you are required to bring it with you to pick up your souvenirs, and check in at registration. Shortly after you finish, you’ll receive a confirmation email that contains a receipt and a link that will let you log back into CVent if you need to make changes, or see (or email) your summary again.
13. Congratulations, you’re registered!
14. If you need to cancel your attendance at the Summit, you may do so up to July 1st, 2011. A $10 cancellation fee will apply for each class of three hours or more. A one-hour wonder, event or lecture has a $5 cancellation fee, and souvenirs refunds vary according to their price. After July 1st, we regret that there can be no refunds if you cancel a Class or Event. The refund/last order date for Swag/souvenirs is June 10th, 2011. After that date, you cannot cancel these items.